- Install CentOS/RHEL 7 64 bit by using the minimal installation option.
- Only minimum installation is necessary, in fact this is preferred. All of packages that sipXcom needed will be then installed automatically.
- Be sure to run
yum updatejust after installing your OS and before installing sipXcom applications to ensure the latest RPMs are installed but also to avoid conflict errors when new packages are getting installed.
- CentOS/RHEL 6 7 is now the preferred distribution because it has received the most testing coverage.
- 64 bit version of the distribution as its preferred by MongoDB: the embedded distributed database package.
Important NOTES - On CentOS
- Minimal install - be sure to click on "Network Connectivity" button on the same screen where you assign the hostname. If you don't - you will have to manually configure your Ethernet Interface file!
On first boot - you may need to edit your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/YourNICCard Change ONBOOT="no" to ONBOOT="yes"
"yum install wget" to install the wget program required to download your RPM files.