sipXcom 21.04 General Availability
November 16, 2021
CoreDial is pleased to announce the GA release of sipXcom 21.04.
We've made a number of enhancements to the API service for system management to a number of features including Auto Attendants, Web UI Localization/Language, Call Queues, and Time Zone.
We’ve also added a server column within the Web UI for registration entries. This will allow for more in depth troubleshooting and verification by indicating the server that the endpoint is currently registered to.
Last, but certainly not least, our most exciting enhancement for this release is High Availability Configuration Service. We’ve made the configuration service and the underlying database redundant and highly available. This provides a safeguard for the configuration data by replicating it among the cluster server members. In addition we’ve made it possible to migrate the configuration service to a secondary server essentially making it become the primary and assuming control of the cluster.
We’re continuing to look for ways to improve sipXcom and we’re excited about the opportunities that 2022 will bring.
- Manage Auto Attendants via API
- Manage Call Queues via API
- Manage Language settings via API
- Manage Time Zone via API
- Configuration service and database is now highly available and redundant
- Ability to recover primary node on secondary server
- Add server column to registration entries
- 19.08 and later are now released on CentOS 7 only. This will require that administrators install CentOS 7 minimal, then install Uniteme with our single line installer and then restore from a previous version backup.
- AudioCodes and other gateways may need to have their configuration changed if faxing is used. See SIPX-811.
- For Let's Encrypt certificates to work properly, the server must have a valid outside DNS name and have port 80 and 443 open to LE's servers.
Who Should Install?
New software releases are made at a rate of two to four releases a year. Releases are numbered in the <yy>.<mm>.<uu> format where <yy> and <mm> designate the year and the month, respectively, in which a release is made generally available. Where applicable, <uu> corresponds to an update release relative to a general release on which fixes are made available.
Please post to the sipXcom-users google group if you have questions.
Specific Issues Addressed
|Jira #||JIRA Name||RN Content||Enhancement/Fix/Known Issue||Key words|
|SIPX-880||Get registrations by IP REST service not working||REST GET API Request returns empty results||Fix||API|
|UC-4408||Voicemail saved as .wav can't be used as prompt for AA||Steps to reproduce : |
1. Two users x200, x201 with voicemail permission enabled.
2. User x200 has configured an e-mail address under Unified Messaging page , Voicemail notification set to e-mail notification, E-mail format is set to Full, Attach audio is checked.
3. Leave a voicemail to x200 voicemail inbox from x201.
4. After receiving the voicemail attachment by e-mail, download the .wav file to be used as a prompt in a new AA configuration.
5. Under AutoAttendants page, add a new AA and set as prompt the .wav file.
Expected result : .wav file can be set as prompt for the newly created AA.
Actual result : An error message is displayed "Wrong file format for .wav file.Uploaded sound files must be 8khz/16 bit PCM samples, signed, little-endian, 1 channel (mono), .wav header (implied 128kbps) or mp3"
|UC-4850||filter AAAA from DNS answers||sipxcom / uniteme are ipv4 only yet by default dns will return ipv6 AAAA records. To prevent this from happening the following should be added to /etc/named.conf just after the acl within options ..|
|UC-4851||letsencrypt page missing cancel button||The web certificates page refreshes/changes if you check the use LetsEncrypt box. Once the page changes to ask for the email address there is no way to cancel the action without using the browser back button, or completely closing the browser and logging in again.||Fix||UI|
|UC-4862||API to manage Auto Attendants||Need API's to add, edit, delete Auto Attendants and the options therein.||Enhancement||API|
|UC-4863||API to manage Call Queue||Create API's required to add, edit, delete Call Queues and all options therein.||Enhancement||API|
|UC-4864||API to manage setting for Language||Create an API to be able to change the Language for a System (is this needed for a user also or is this already there?).||Enhancement||API|
|UC-4865||API to manage Time Zone||Create an API to be able to set the Time Zone for a system.||Enhancement||API|
|UC-4867||SF 482469 - Callcontroller codecs||Customer needs ability to control the codecs used by the callcontroller API. Currently it seems only PCMU is selected.||Fix||API|
|UC-4869||Make SIPXCONFIG HA||-sipxconfig should be able to run on secondary servers too|
-enhance postgres replication on sipxconfig secondary nodes
-ability to perform configuration backup on secondary nodes too where sipxconfig is running
-ability to recover primary node when down
|UC-4871||Add Server to Registrations Page||Add a column showing which server the registration is occurring on for each entry. It should go between the expiration and phone column. Additionally the API call should be updated to reflect this new information.||Enhancement||UI|